Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Can I handle the seasons of my life: I PROMISE IT WON'T ALWAYS HURT LIKE THIS.

I Promise It Won't Always Hurt Like This: 18 Assurances on GriefI Promise It Won't Always Hurt Like This: 18 Assurances on Grief by Clare Mackintosh


It doesn't feel right to rate Clare Mackintosh's non-fiction book about grief, as much of it focuses on the death of her young son, but this is a poignant read and very helpful. Mackintosh wrote it after a tweet about the anniversary of the death of her five-month-old son, Alex, went viral. The book is part memoir/part self-help, with 18 chapters that walk through dealing with grief--with the ultimate promise that we can all make progress with grief, on our own time, at our own pace. She uses stories from her own life, especially losing Alex, as examples. The result is a sad story, but also a hopeful one, and I think many who have been through a loss would find this helpful; I did.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and Sourcebooks in return for an unbiased review.

View all my reviews

No comments: