Friday, November 01, 2019

This is where I belong: RED, WHITE & ROYAL BLUE.

Red, White & Royal BlueRed, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A book where the President’s son falls for the Prince of Wales? Sign me up!

This book is raunchy and the language is rather explicit, and my goodness, I loved it. This one was one of my rare audiobook listens, and I was driving down the road laughing and crying. Wiping away actual tears at points.

McQuiston combines a sort of coming of age love story against the backdrop of politics. Both storylines are compelling beyond belief. Alex, the President’s son and our main character, is incredibly well-written. Funny, sweet, and so real. And Henry, our Prince, is lovely too. It’s impossible not to root for them.

This book is witty, sweet, a surprising nail biter at times, and offers such a great message—now more than ever. (And the narrator in this one was easily my favorite in my limited audiobook career.) Cannot recommend it enough!

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ PaperBackSwap ~ Smashbomb



View all my reviews

No comments: