Saturday, October 03, 2020

One can only dream of a love so rare: THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PLAYLIST.

The Happy Ever After PlaylistThe Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Amazingly sexy and sweet romance

Sloan Monroe's fiance, Brandon, died two years ago, and Sloan is still hurting, a lot. Then one day she finds an adorable dog on the road--literally--and takes him home. His owner never answers her texts, and the dog, Tucker, seems to help Sloan move on. Then suddenly Tucker's owner shows up, via text, and he wants Tucker back. But Sloan's strong enough now that she's not giving up Tucker. As she starts texting with Tucker's owner, Jason, she realizes he really cares about his dog. Then Sloan also recognizes that Jason is a good guy. A really good, handsome guy. This is confirmed once they meet in person. But Jason's a musician with stardom just around the corner. Sloan needs someone here, whom she can count on. Can she really handle someone else who might leave her, again?

"I didn't cook anymore. Everyone knew that. I didn't do a lot of things anymore."

I absolutely adored this book. It was just what I needed at the time I picked it up. Jimenez gives us such a happy and sexy romance with two characters with awesome chemistry. There's the best blend of small mix-ups and humor, and you cannot help but root for Sloan and Jason from the very beginning (especially if you've read The Friend Zone). Knowing that Sloan is completely broken from Brandon's death while Jason is confident and embarking on a new career, it's completely understandable that Sloan can't risk losing herself again. Watching her find happiness--even knowing it could be gone again in a second--is beautiful, and both of these characters are so real, so true.

"I'd been lonely and attached to someone invisible for two years. I wouldn't do it again. I couldn't do it again."

While this book is emotional, it's also very sweet, and, wow, sexy at times. Jason is just a darn good guy, seemingly too good to be true, and I found myself willing him and Sloan together, desperately wanting her to get a second chance at happiness. Throw in the adorable Tucker and there's basically nothing not to love about this book. Great characters, great romance, great humor--it's all there. I loved it from beginning to end. 4.5 stars.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ PaperBackSwap ~ Smashbomb

View all my reviews

No comments: