Friday, March 12, 2021

When you're high on emotion: THE WEDDING DATE.

The Wedding Date (The Wedding Date, #1)The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cute romance with lots of banter

Alexa Monroe would not usually go on a date with a man she was trapped with in an elevator. But she cannot deny the chemistry she feels with Drew Nichols when they get stuck during a power outage. Drew is about to head to the wedding of his ex, and he asks Alexa to be his date. At the wedding, the pair have a lot of fun, but Drew has to fly back to his job as a pediatric surgeon in LA and Alexa must return to Berkley, where she's the mayor's chief of staff. But they cannot stop thinking about each other, so they start long distance dating. Still, they must overcome Drew's commitment issues and Alexa's own insecurities.

I inadvertently read the fifth book in this series first, so I went back to start at the beginning. I found this one to be very similar to the fifth book, which I liked better, but it was still enjoyable. Book #5 features Alexa's sister, so I knew a lot of the plot of this one, but oh well. I did not care for Drew as much--he was a little irritating with his commitment and anger issues, but he grew on me. The book featured what seems to be Guillory's trademark fun banter and focus on delicious, fun snacks. And she tackles serious issues, such as racism, along with the romance.

Overall, this was a cute read. I liked Alexa a lot and enjoyed escaping into a good romance. This is probably a 3.5-star read, but rounded up because it made me smile.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ PaperBackSwap ~ Smashbomb

View all my reviews

No comments: