Wednesday, May 26, 2021

You and I were meant to be: RAMONA THE PEST & PIP BARTLETT'S GUIDE TO SEA MONSTERS.

Ramona the PestRamona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read RAMONA THE PEST with my eight-year-old daughters. We had such fun with this one, and wow, the story really holds up over time. They were totally into it, laughing and engaged throughout the entire book. The actual physical copy we read was mine, given to me by my Dad in 1987, and I loved that I could share it with them now.

Ramona--what can I say? A timeless character. The girls adored her, and I fell in love with her all over again. Cleary has such an amazing knack for writing children and capturing their true essence. Reading it again as a parent I was truly blown away by how well she could write from a child's perspective. Grace and Zoe loved Ramona's antics, and we are already on to the next book.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ PaperBackSwap ~ Smashbomb

View all my reviews

Pip Bartlett's Guide to Sea Monsters (Pip Bartlett, #3)Pip Bartlett's Guide to Sea Monsters by Jackson Pearce
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the third entry in the Pip Bartlett series. My eight-year-old daughters loved the entire series and spunky Pip! This book was just as loved as the previous two. Despite all those pesky sea monsters, it made us all want to be at the beach with Pip and Tomas--and maybe even Callie and the triplets! The girls absolutely loved all the amazing magical creatures Maggie and Jackson come up with, especially the spinnerseals!

This series is so wonderful for kids with imaginations and who love animals. It always inspires my girls to come up with their own magical creatures. I love how Pip works to solve her own problems, keeps a positive attitude and open mind, and is always a friend to everyone. These are excellent books!

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ PaperBackSwap ~ Smashbomb

View all my reviews

No comments: