Thursday, August 25, 2022

Yours was the kiss that counted: BOOK LOVERS.

Book LoversBook Lovers by Emily Henry
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Nora Stephens is a cutthroat literary agent who reluctantly agrees to spend the summer in Sunshine Falls, North Carolina at the request of her adored little sister, Libby. Libby has this dream that Nora will have some sort of rom-com small town transformation in Sunshine Falls, but the main male Nora keeps running into is Charlie Lastra. Unfortunately she already knows Charlie from New York and they've met, repeatedly. None of those meetings have been cute or romantic. But as the two keep running into each other over and over, they start wondering if maybe they don't hate each other after all.

I needed this book after reading a few disappointing books by some favorite authors. This was just what I craved: witty banter and a romance I could believe in. A really simple way of saying it: this book is really good. It plays on writing and literary tropes so well. With both Charlie and Nora being in the publishing business, this is truly a book for book lovers. (Imagine that?) It's filled with hilarious banter that made me laugh constantly - the sexiness between Charlie and Nora is amazing.

But this is also a sweet book in a lovely small town setting. There are so many good side characters and quirky small town folks. Nora's desire to take care of her sister was almost too much for me at times (she's a grown woman!), but I understand why she was so protective of her.

Overall, this is a gorgeous, sexy, sweet romance! 4.5 stars.

I received a copy of this book from Berkley Publishing Group and Netgalley in return for an unbiased review.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Smashbomb ~ Instagram

View all my reviews

No comments: