Wednesday, September 16, 2026

We've come full circle, all the way 'round: THE THOROUGHBREDS.

The Thoroughbreds (The Academy Series, #2)The Thoroughbreds by Elin Hilderbrand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series is so ridiculous yet incredibly bingeable. Centered around wealthy high school students at boarding school, it reads like a soap opera. Add in the constant name dropping of pop culture items and hot places and it can sometimes be a bit much.

But the Hilderbrand and Cunningham excel at pulling you into the story--and while there's fluff and intrigue, there's also heart. Rich kids are still people, and some of these kids are dealing with serious issues and topics. Many from book #1 are back, and I was particularly glad to see Charley and Davi again. We also have a new girl, Pippa, who is riling up the sixth-formers. Most of the teachers still seem a bit inept (looking at you, Rhode!) and poor Head of School Audre is making some bad decisions...

Still, I can't lie, I devoured this one like the guilty pleasure that it is, even if I rolled my eyes from time-to-time. 3.5 stars, rounded up.

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and Little, Brown and Company in return for an unbiased review.

View all my reviews

No comments: