Thursday, April 15, 2021

That place where you can't remember: EVERY WAKING HOUR.

Every Waking Hour (Ellery Hathaway, #4)Every Waking Hour by Joanna Schaffhausen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another thrilling entry in the Ellery & Reed series

Ellery Hathaway is trying to have a normal life. She's attempting to become a police detective in Boston. She's even trying to have a relationship with Reed Markham. But then Chloe Lockhart, a twelve-year-old girl, goes missing, and the case threatens everything Ellery has tried to build. Ellery has many scars--physical and emotional--from her own kidnapping. Is sending a former kidnapped child out to find another the right thing to do? Every moment that Chloe is missing reminds Ellery of her past--and how much she wants, needs, to find Chloe.

I just love the Ellery and Reed series so very much. Book number four is yet another excellent entry. There are two parallel case running, and both keep your attention. I love the tension between Reed and Ellery and how well so many present-day cases can tie back to Ellery's past. She's damaged, yes, but so strong. This is a compelling read, with plenty of twists and turns to keep you reading. And, the epilogue, oh my gosh! What a cliffhanger!

I cannot recommend this entire series enough! 4 stars, and I cannot wait for book #5.

I received a copy of this book from St. Martin's Press / Minotaur Books and Netgalley in return for an unbiased review.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ PaperBackSwap ~ Smashbomb

View all my reviews

No comments: