Saturday, December 28, 2019

Everyone calls us the most perfect pair: MY LOVELY WIFE.

My Lovely WifeMy Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


One of the most hyped books in ages--about a murderous married couple--completely fell flat for me. What a disappointment! I slogged through most of this one waiting for it to get good and see what all the fuss was about. I felt nothing for the characters except irritation. This was the ultimate epitome of a slow start. It picked up a bit, but there was nothing to redeem these hateful characters. The entire book was incredibly anticlimactic until a rushed, uncertain ending. Ugh. Still, I can see bits and pieces of why others found it so interesting, and I'll still be intrigued to read Downing's next book. 2.5 stars, though, for me.



View all my reviews

No comments: