Saturday, July 30, 2022

Since you wrote me off with a call: SOMETHING WILDER

Something WilderSomething Wilder by Christina Lauren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As the daughter of famous treasure hunter Duke Wilder, Lily has no patience for it. But with her father dead and bills to pay, she has to use his name (and maps) to lead treasure hunting tours for tourists. Imagine her surprise when her first love, Leo Grady, shows up with a group of friends for a tour. She hasn't seen Leo since he disappeared on her years ago. But when Leo and his friends' tour goes wildly awry, Leo and Lily have to work together just to stay alive.

So this book was not what I was expecting. Think very weird treasure hunt with death and injuries, with some sex and romance thrown in on the side. I never could quite connect with Lily and Leo like I have with many other CLo couples. The camping/treasure hunt gone amok side plot was a lot. It definitely seemed to overshadow Leo and Lily's story. And while I get that the treasure hunting was supposed to be sort of fun and silly, sometimes it was... not.

That's not to say that WILDER is necessarily bad, and I'm sure this book will appeal to a lot of people. It just wasn't my favorite of the Christina Lauren books and was a bit odd. 3 stars.

I received a copy of this book from Gallery Books and Netgalley in return for an unbiased review.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Smashbomb ~ Instagram

View all my reviews

No comments: