Saturday, April 15, 2023

But when he smiles, I don't care about the past: ROGUE.

RogueRogue by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Ever since Casey Tresscott was pulled from a car submerged in a lake and left bleeding by the shore, everyone has treated her with kid gloves. The only exception is Fenn Bishop; Fenn and Casey have only grown closer since Casey's accident. But Fenn is carrying a secret about that night which will change their relationship forever.

I quite enjoyed the first book in this series, MISFIT, which focused more on Casey's sister, Sloane. This one was not quite as juicy and sexy as the first, with more emphasis on the Casey and Fenn angst versus romance. There is also a lot of time spent on figuring out the history and mystery around Casey's accident as Sloane and her boyfriend, RJ, unravel what really happened. I was frustrated by the lack of truth telling here (Fenn letting everyone know the truth from the beginning would have saved a lot of trouble). However, what I love about these books is that they are fun, dramatic, and sexy--and perhaps not the most realistic. They can be silly, and I'm terrified by how much sex and drugs these high school students are engaging in, but these are wonderful escapist reads that I cannot resist. 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: