Friday, June 28, 2024

I'm the secret ingredient you're missing: TRULY, MADLY, DEEPLY.

Truly, Madly, DeeplyTruly, Madly, Deeply by Alexandria Bellefleur
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always enjoy a good Alexandria Bellefleur book and picked this up for my "June Pride Reads." There's not as much bisexual content as I'd hoped for, though there's a wonderful speech about bisexuality and the idea that society often demands someone be "queer enough" that I loved. That really hit home.

Most of our story is focused on Truly and Colin. Truly, a romance author, is ironically scared of romantic commitment after a brutal breakup and watching her parents--her idols--separate. Colin, a family law (or divorce, per Truly) attorney, seems to have no real flaws and comes across as pretty much perfect in all ways, except to his family, who resent both his bisexuality and the fact that he didn't join the family business (I can't remember, but it's construction or something related... I mean, the guy is a freaking lawyer!). The two meet when Truly comes on Colin's sister's podcast and immediately get off on the wrong foot, yet can't deny that they have instant attraction and chemistry too.

In fact, DEEPLY crackles with chemistry. Colin and Truly's banter flies across the pages, whether it's in person or via their shared texts. The result is a funny and often crazily sexy tale. Truly is certainly... a lot. Her focus on her parents and their love life is overwhelming at times. I could have done with less of that, because the plot related to her romance with Colin is excellent. Colin truly (haha - see what I did there?) is a nearly perfect guy, and I loved how fiercely he loved and felt.

This is a sexy book with a wonderful cast -- quite enjoyable! 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: