Thursday, February 14, 2019

But lately all I do seems to wreck you: LITTLE MONSTERS.

Little MonstersLittle Monsters by Kara Thomas

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Kacey is new to the town of Broken Falls. After an explosive life with her mom and her endless string of boyfriends, life with her father; her stepmom, Ashley; her stepbrother, Andrew; and her half sister, Lauren seems rather docile. Kacey also has new friends, Bailey and Jade, who help make high school bearable. But then they start acting strange. When they don't invite her to the biggest party of the year, she knows something is up. But she doesn't get a chance to ask, because Bailey never comes back from the party: she has disappeared. Kacey finds herself obsessed with what happened to Bailey. And soon, it seems as if the town is wondering what role Kacey played in Bailey's disappearance.


"Girls are not princesses, and I know all the possible endings to the stories about girls in peril. They're rarely happy."


This was an interesting read that kept me guessing the entire time. I give Thomas points for its twistiness, as it was an engrossing read. These were some very complicated high school kids. I couldn't help but think that that Kacey was a little too involved in wanting to find her friend and that the high school drama seemed incredibly intense, even for the purposes of a novel. Maybe I'm just naive, but these girls were in deep. There is nothing quite so dark, at times, as the friendship of teenage girls.

Overall, I enjoyed trying to piece things together in this story, even if some of the overly dramatic parts turned me off a bit. 3+ stars.

Blog ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Google+ ~ Instagram




View all my reviews

No comments: