Thursday, January 12, 2023

I wish I would've laid my hands on you: ASTRID PARKER DOESN'T DOESN'T FAIL.

Astrid Parker Doesn't Fail (Bright Falls, #2)Astrid Parker Doesn't Fail by Ashley Herring Blake
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Astrid is afraid of failure thanks to her overbearing mother. Jordan is scared to love again after a devastating loss. When Astrid is hired to redesign Jordan's family inn, Jordan hates the design... but, at the same time, cannot deny her attraction to Astrid. Complicating things is that the entire design is being filmed for TV.

This is an excellent slow-burn romance and the second book in Blake's Bright Falls series! I'll read absolutely anything Ashley Herring Blake writes, and she never lets me down. The friend group in the Bright Fall series is amazing-- funny, smart, queer, honest, and totally refreshing! There are appearances from Delilah and Claire from book #1, and I love how all these women have each other's backs, no matter what! And, of course, the amazing queer representation.

The tension between Jordan and Astrid here is excellent and once the book hits its "burn," there are some fun steamy scenes. But I really loved the banter between Jordan and Astrid, and the way they paid attention to the details in each other's personality and psyche. There's so much beautiful yearning. Plus, the ability to really get to know Jordan and Astrid makes it so easy to root for them.

At its core, this is a book about friendship and family, and there are some touching moments that really resonate. I loved every moment! 4.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: